Learn To Dive In Sydney
PADI Open Water Diver Course
The PADI Open Water Course is the world's most popular scuba diving course and is your first step into the underwater world. If you've always wanted to learn how to scuba dive, discover new adventures or simply see the amazing world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. It has introduced millions of people to the adventurous diving lifestyle.
On completion of this course you will be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver. This PADI certification is internationally recognised and allow you to scuba dive anywhere in the world.
Book Now And Learn To Scuba Dive With Abyss
There is a very good reason why PADI selected us and our dive shop as their "Most Outstanding Dive Centre" in the whole of Australia and the Asia Pacific area. When you learn to dive with us you will discover why:
- Maximum of 4 students per dive instructor.
- Only 2 days to complete the in-water training.
- Choose between online PADI eLearning or traditional classroom theory options
- New scuba dive lessons start every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
- All scuba diving equipment supplied during course.
- Added safety of small classes and Shark Shield for your piece of mind.
- Highly qualified and professional scuba instructors and staff.
- Bring a friend a save with group discounts.
- International PADI Open Water Diver Certification on completion of the course.
With a maximum of 4 students to each of our instructors you will gain confidence and experience unmatched by any other scuba dive school. With this approach, your instructor can more easily target specific areas that you need attention to, rather than wasting your time while they concentrate on other students. As a result you will get more time having fun scuba diving and finish the course a much better diver. This lets you complete your learn how to dive course with only 2 days of in-water training.
Note: if you have a group of more than 3 you can still all learn to dive together. We will add another instructor to keep the student to instructor ratio at a maximum of 4 students for each instructor.
Your Next Steps For A Great Adventure
1. The pre-requisites
- You must be 12 years or over.
- Complete a Diver's Medical Questionnaire to determine if you require a dive medical from a doctor prior to engaging in dive activities.
- You must be able to swim 200 m and tread water and float for 10 mins.
2. Pick a start day
3. Theory options
Choose to complete your theory session using the online PADI eLearning system or the traditional class room option.