You have 0 product(s) in your cart.
Budget Dive Lessons
Genuine PADI Open Water Course
Budget PADI Dive Lessons from $199
The PADI Open Water Diver course is the world's most popular dive lesson. Unlike most of the other learn-to-dive budget courses and coupon deals in Sydney, this is a Genuine PADI Open Water Diver certification. This course is designed for people who are very confident in the ocean, physically fit, with good conversational English language. The course has a maximum of eight students per dive instructor. Dive lessons run on Sunday-Monday-Tuesday; or Sunday-Saturday-Sunday; or Sunday-Wednesday-Thursday.
After you complete this course you will be a certified PADI Open Water Diver.
- PADI Open Water Certification
- Price includes the hire of all the necessary equipment for the course
- All required gear is supplied during the course (there are no catches - you won't be required to buy any additional gear for the course)
- Three-day lessons (theory, confined water training, and 4 ocean dives)
- Course days are Sunday-Monday-Tuesday; or Sunday-Saturday-Sunday; or Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Maximum of 8 students per PADI Dive Instructor.
- Free photo for your scuba certification card.
- PADI offline PDF manual, online eBook, logbook, digital RDP
- Special conditions apply to the Budget Course. Please read the contents of the Conditions tab carefully.
To become a scuba diver, you need to be comfortable in the water and have basic swimming skills. Your instructor will have you do a 200-metre swim and a ten-minute float to determine if you have basic swimming abilities. You should also be in good overall general health, particularly your respiratory and circulatory systems.
All aspects of this course are conducted in English and if you have any language difficulties, you should consider the Standard or Premium course.
Because of the special price of this course, the following conditions apply:
- Phone Bookings $25 premium
- No refund under any circumstances, including cancellation
- Courses can be transferred to another date with at least 7 days' notice, subject to availability and including a $125 surcharge. There are no transfers permitted within 7 days of the course (less than 7 days' notice will result in total loss of the course payment)
- Participants must be on time for each component of the course, with all home study completed (taking 6-8 hours) or they will be required to transfer to another date with a $125 surcharge.
- Must be able to swim 200m and tread water for ten minutes.
- Participants are required to sign a waiver prior to beginning the water component of the course.
- Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult to sign the required paperwork.
- All training material and training is in English, so a good comprehension of English is necessary.
For safety, all students complete a brief Medical Questionnaire that asks about medical conditions that could be a problem while diving. If none of these applies, you sign the form and you're ready to start. If any of these apply to you, as a safety precaution your physician must assess the condition as it relates to diving and signs a medical form that confirms that you're fit to dive.
- Dive medical in accordance with Australian Standard AS 4005-1 (1992).
- Some medical conditions may prevent you from diving, for example, heart disease, asthma, epilepsy or diabetes. If you are unsure of a particular medical condition, please check with us prior to reservation.
- The minimum age to start this course is 15 years. For those aged 12 to 15 we recommend our Standard Open Water Course.