Shop or Book Online
Terms and Conditions
Dive Course Bookings:
The following terms and conditions apply for dive course bookings:
- You are entitled to a full refund if you cancel up to seven (7) days prior to commencement of the course. Where there is less than seven days notice before the course start date there will be no refund payable (also see Transfer / Change Course Dates).
- Bookings made within seven (7) days prior to the scheduled commencement date of a dive course are non-refundable.
- If you have chosen the eLearning option for a course you will lose the cost of the eLearning option (price varies depending on the course but is equal to the amount PADI charge for that eLearning option at the time of cancellation). If you have chosen the traditional method option the training pack is valued at $76 and to obtain a refund it must be returned in perfect condition (new / unopened / unused).
- Once you start / commence the course and wish to cancel then no refund can be provided.
- Once you begin a dive course and you complete the course on a different date (on a date other than the one stipulated in the course) a $100 fee will apply. Please note that PADI requires that all training for the Open Water Diver course must be completed within 12 months of commencement.
- Note: some courses require a mandatory Dive Medical to be completed if you answer "YES" for any of the questions in the Divers Medical Questionnaire. The Dive Medical should be completed no later than seven (7) days prior to the course commencement date. Failure to notify us seven (7) days prior to the dive course start date of a failed Dive Medical will result in the loss of all payments and there will be no refund provided.
Transfer / Change Of Course Commencement Date
- No fee will apply if you notify us for a transfer / change up to seven (7) days prior to the course start date.
- Within seven (7) days of a course start date a $100 fee will apply if you decide to change or transfer to another start date.
Dive Gear And Products:
Try it, love it or swap it.
We want you to love the dive gear you buy from us. We guarantee that, at any time during the first 30 days of purchase, if your product fails to meet your expectations, we will exchange it. Even if you have dived it!
We want to make it easy for you.
Sometimes we make the wrong choice. Let us help you fix that. Products that are returned in absolute new / unused condition within 30 days of purchase will be fully refunded.
Note that we want you to be an Abyss customer for life and we will do everything in our power to assist you with any issues you might have with the product you've purchased from us.
Dive Travel And Trip Bookings:
- A 20% cancellation fee of the price of the trip fee is applicable if you cancel up to seven (7) days prior to the commencement date any local dive travel or event.
- Where there is less than seven (7) days notice before the scheduled dive travel or event commencement date there will be no refund payable.
- A 20% non-refundable deposit must be paid at the time of booking.
- No refunds will be given if you decide to cancel within sixty (60) days of the scheduled dive travel or event commencement date. We highly recommend you purchase travel insurance.
If you find a cheaper price for a dive gear item we'll match it!
At Abyss Scuba Diving we guarantee to match the advertised price on any identical stocked item. It's another way we would like to help in maximising your diving fun.
Terms and conditions
- Competitor's product must be in stock and in the required quantities in a retail outlet located in Australia.
- Product must be identical (e.g. same brand, same model, same colour).
- Product must be paid for by cash or credit card. ZipMoney is not accepted without an extra fee.
- Adequate confirmation of competitor's current advertised price required. We will not match clearance product or products we do not stock.
DELIVERY AND SHIPPING
We will deliver any where in Australia and New Zealand. We use a combination of Australia Post Express Post and couriers for all our deliveries.
Please allow 3 to 8 working days for delivery. To ensure your order is delivered safely to you all parcels must be signed for and will not be left at the front door. If you are not present to receive the delivery the courier service will attempt to make the delivery the following day.
With the exception of training, product cannot be sold to any location outside of Australia and New Zealand. Deliveries of training material can be arranged to any other country throughout the world but freight will be charged at the prevailing rate to that country and will be invoice to you on the first day of the course. In the event that the training material is temporary out-of-stock we will contact you immediately.