The cross over program is 4 days but you also need to have an EFR Instructor rating, If you don't have that you can do that on the folowing Friday
The program consist of:
1. Complete the following independent learning sections online through PADI eLearning, or participate in these sections during the OWSI Program:
a. Learning, Instruction and the PADI System
b. General Standards and Procedures
c. Risk Management
d. Marketing Diving
e. Start Diving
f. Teaching PADI Specialty Diver Courses
g. Business of Diving
h. Keep Diving
i. How to Teach the Recreational Dive Planner (RDP)
2. Participate in the following IDC curriculum components:
a. Course Orientation
b. Developing Knowledge Development Presentations
• Knowledge Development Teaching Presentation 3
• 4 Es Counseling Workshop 2
c. Confined Water Teaching Presentation 3 and 4 and Skills Demonstrations Workshop
d. Open Water Teaching Presentation 2 and Discover Scuba Diving Workshop
e. General Standards and Procedures
f. Open Water Diver Course
g. Adventures in Diving Program
• Adventure Dive Workshop
h. Rescue Diver Course
• Rescue Exercise Workshop
i. Divemaster Course
j. Risk Management
3. Present one knowledge development teaching presentations, scoring a
minimum of 3.5.
4. Present two confined water teaching presentations, scoring a minimum of
3.4 on at least one.
5. Present one integrated (two skills) open water teaching presentation,
scoring a minimum of 3.4 on each skill.
6. Perform all 20 dive skills in the Skill Evaluation, scoring a minimum of 68
total points, with no individual score below 3.
7. Score 75 percent on all sections of the Dive Theory Exam and have any
missed questions reviewed until mastery is achieved. Retest candidates
scoring less than 75 percent.
8. Perform a facedown, nonstop swim for 800 metres/yards using a mask,
snorkel and fins.
During the course you’ll need to demonstrate competency in Dive theory by passing a five-part theory exam scoring 75% on each part . Because dome of the theory os different. We strongly recommend Dive Theory online to update yourself.
The cross over Candidates should be certified as a SSI Instructor or Instructor from another diver training organization.
Candidates must also have proof of completing CPR and First Aid training within the previous 24 months, and provide documentation of having a medical examination within the previous 12 months showing fitness for diving.
Candidates must be able to provide copies of their certification cards or other documentation.
Independent eLearning must be completed prior to the first day.
You are required to have EFR instructor rating which can be done the day prior.
Once completing the training you are then required to do your PADI Instructor Examination which is scheduled for the weekend following the training at Abyss.
For more details click on the tabs below to expand or collapse them: