PADI IDC online
Through e-learning your IDC program is now reduced by two days, giving you more time to review your dive theory and fine tune your skills with our IDC Pro Team.
You will need to have access to PADI's new IDC online! The benefit of this new innovation is that the program can now take advantage of the eLearning option, giving you and your Course Directors more time to devote to in-water sessions and workshops. The cost of the PADI IDC online is $330 +GST
During your professional level training, PADI are required to process special applicaitons and fees to allow you to register your new rating or level of training. These registrations, applicaitons and examination fees are paid to PADI Asia Pacific during your program. All costs involved are outlined bellow.
All PADI fees, applicaitons and examination costs are paid directly to PADI.
*(2014 Prices and subject to change periodically)
- PADI IDC Application Fee ($188 AUD*)
- PADI EFR (First Aid) Instructor Applicaiton Fee ($125.40 AUD*)
- PADI Specialty Course Instructor Application Fees ($74 AUD* each)
- PADI Instructor Examination Fee ($710 AUD*)
PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) Preparation Program (2 Days)
It is important that you receive the proper preparation to make the transition into instructing a success. To help ensure your success in the program, we offer all our candidates a 2 day PADI IDC Preparation Program which will review all your previously learnt water skills, and also cover all previously covered theory topics like physics, physiology, dive planning and the like. This program will bring all your skills up to standard for entry into your IDC Instructor Program. The IDC Prep is run on the Thursday-Friday prior to the start of the IDC.
Emergency First Response Instructor Training
Prior to gaining teaching status as a PADI Instructor you must become certified as a Emergency First Response Instructor. This training takes 1 day and if run prior to your Instructor Exam.
- EFR(First Aid) Instructor Training - To select this as part of your Instructor Training Package, simply select it as an requirment in the options above prior to purchasing your IDC. The EFRI cost is reduced by $96 AUD if it is purhcased together with your IDC program now.
During you IDC you will need some special Instructional Materials to help you along your way. The materials you will need that you want already have through previous training are all available in the PADI IDC Crew Pack. This is available for purchase at a discounted rate if selected with your IDC program now. You can simply select it as a requirement in the options above and save over $250 off the price of the pack. (Normal retail price is $838AUD)
You will need to have the following materials prior to your course commencement as per PADI requirements:
- PADI Instructor Manual (Downloadable from padimembers.com )
- PADI's Guide to Teaching *
- PADI Specialty Course Instructor Manual, or these specialty course instructor guides: Peak Performance Buoyancy, Project AWARE and AWARE - Coral Reef Conservation*
- PADI Open Water Diver Manual *
- Recreational Dive Planner - RDP Table and eRDPML, including Instructions for Use booklets *
- How to Use and Choose Dive Computers book *
- Open Water Diver Quizzes and Exam booklet *
- Adventures in Diving Manual *
- PADI Rescue Diver Manual *
- Rescue Diver Final Exams booklet*
- PADI Divemaster Manual*
- Divemaster Final Exams booklet*
- Aquatic Cue Cards for Open Water Diver, Adventures in Diving, Rescue Diver, Divemaster and Discover Scuba Diving*
- Confined Water Lesson Preparation slate*
- Open Water Training Dive Lesson Planning slate*
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving *
- Diving Knowledge Workbook or eRecord for Dive Theory Online
* Items included in IDC crew pack bought at discounted rate ($620)
*Items available from our library (fee applies)
We offer a special accommodation package for the term of th e IDC & IE combined. This is twin share accommidation, and breakfast. The accomidation is 5 minutes from the dive center. The cost for the 16 day period of the IDC, MSDT &IE is $595
Master Scuba Diver Trainer Program
A Master Scuba Diver Trainer (MSDT) is a more experienced Open Water Instructor who is much more employable and capable of teaching a large variety of PADI specialty diver courses. By becoming a Master Scuba Diver Trainer you'll add variety to your instructing, making teaching more fun and exciting, both for you and your students!
The Master Scuba Diver Trainer Preparation Course will teach you how to deliver a range of different PADI specialty diver courses. You'll start your MSDT prep prior to your PADI Instructor Examination which will also give you 3 additional days of practice presentations prior to sitting your exam.
After you start teaching dive courses, you'll need 25 student certifications prior to applying to PADI for your groovy new MSDT rating!
If you select the MSDT prep course, by the end of your program you'll be trained in how to teach:
- PADI Deep Diver Specialty Course
- PADI Enriched Air Diver Specialty Course
- PADI Underwater Navigation Diver Specialty Course
- PADI Oxygen Providers Specialty Course
- PADI Search & Recovery Diver Specialty Course
During your MSDT prep training, PADI are required to register and certify you to teach each individual PADI specialty course. These application fees are paid directly to PADI after you are instructor certified. See bellow:
All PADI fees and applications are paid directly to PADI
- PADI Specialty Course Instructor Application Fee ($74 AUD each PADI specialty)- Optional fees and only applicable if you applying for specialty instructor ratings
- PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer Application Fee ($99 AUD) - You can apply for your MSDT rating once you have taught and certified 25 student divers.