PADI IDC Online
Through e-learning, your IDC programs' classroom time is reduced by two days, giving you more time to review your dive theory and fine tune your skills with our IDC Team.
Please ensure you select the IDC Online
elearning component when signing up for the IDC.
During your IDC, EFRI Course, Specialty Instructor Courses & IE, there are registration, application and examination fees that must be paid directly to PADI, enabling you to attend the programs and receive your new ratings.
All associated costs involved are outlined below.
*(2016 Prices and subject to change periodically)
- PADI IDC Application Fee ($261.80 AUD*)
- PADI EFR (First Aid) Instructor Application Fee ($180.40AUD*)
- PADI Specialty Course Instructor Application Fees ($103.40 AUD* each)
- PADI Instructor Examination Fee ($825 AUD*)
PADI IDC Preparation Course (2 Days)
It is important that you receive the proper preparation to make the transition into instructing a success. To help ensure your success during the IDC, we offer all our candidates a 2 day PADI IDC Preparation Course which will review all your previously learned water skills, and also review all previously covered theory topics like physics, physiology, dive planning and the like. This course will bring all your skills up to standard for entry into your IDC. The IDC Prep Course is run on the weekend prior to the start of the IDC.
Emergency First Response (First Aid) Instructor Training
Prior to gaining teaching status as a PADI
Instructor you must be certified as
a Emergency First Response Instructor. This training takes 1 day and is run during the IDC, prior to your Instructor Exam.
- EFR (First Aid) Instructor Training - To select this as part of your Instructor Training Package, simply select it as
an requirement in the options above prior to purchasing your IDC. The EFRI cost is reduced by $96 AUD if it is purchased together with your IDC program now.
During you IDC you will need special Instructional Materials to help you along your way. The materials you will need that you
won't already have through previous training are all available in the PADI IDC Crew Pack. This pack is
compulsory, and is available for purchase at a discounted rate if selected with your IDC program now. Please select it as a requirement in the options above and save over $250 off the price of the pack. (Normal retail price is $838AUD)
You will also need to have the following materials prior to your course commencement as per PADI requirements:
- Current PADI Instructor Manual (Downloadable from padimembers.com)
- PADI's Guide to Teaching *
- PADI Specialty Course Instructor Manual, or these
specialty course instructor guides: Peak Performance Buoyancy, Project AWARE and AWARE - Coral Reef Conservation*
- PADI Open Water Diver Manual *
- Recreational Dive Planner - RDP Table and eRDPML, including Instructions for Use booklets *
- How to Use and Choose Dive Computers book *
- Open Water Diver Quizzes and Exam booklet *
- Adventures in Diving Manual *
- PADI Rescue Diver Manual *
- Rescue Diver Final Exams booklet*
- PADI Divemaster Manual*
- Divemaster Final Exams booklet*
- Aquatic Cue Cards for Open Water Diver, Adventures in Diving, Rescue Diver, Divemaster and Discover Scuba Diving*
- Confined Water Lesson Preparation slate*
- Open Water Training Dive Lesson Planning slate*
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving *
- Diving Knowledge Workbook or eRecord for Dive Theory Online
* Items included in IDC crew pack bought at discounted rate ($650)
*Items available from our library (fee applies)