You have 0 product(s) in your cart.
AHCLPW307 - Perform Restricted Diving for Scientific Purposes
Scientific Diver Course AHCLPW307
-- EVE Shortcode --
If you work in marine science, other areas of underwater scientific research, as a scientific diver or in scientific diving programs as part of a university course, then this is the course you need to perform restricted diving for scientific purposes.
This is the latest Scientific Diving course, which has recently changed to meet occupational diving requirements. It is now a 6-day program as well as a pre-study. It consists of two confined water, and twelve ocean dives over the program. The course can be done in a group or privately on chosen dates.
We offer group (scheduled, see list below) and private options for our restricted occupational scuba diver for scientific purposes course. The private option has a premium of $600 per student but can be arranged around dates that work best for you. Please call us on 02 9583 9662 to discuss your scientific diving needs, and we will develop a program for you.
|To Book, Your Dive, Click the Appropriate Shopping Cart -|
AHCLPW307 Perform Restricted Diving for Scientific Purposes
During this scientific diving course, you will complete several tasks showing your ability, which will include practical training in:
- Scientific Diver Theory
- Confined Water sessions to check in on the basics and learn how to use full-face Underwater communications systems before heading to the ocean.
- Emergency procedures regarding water and paperwork.
- how to use decompression tables
- Underwater Survey techniques
- Dive planning and risk analysis
- Zero visibility and night diving
- Team communication
Prerequisites for the Scientific Divers program
- SISOSCB001 SCUBA dive in open water to a maximum depth of 18 metres
- SISOSCB006 Perform diver rescues
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid
- HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
- Enriched air certification
- Be certified as medically fit to dive within the past 12 months following the requirements of AS/NZS 2299.1 by a medical practitioner appropriately trained in underwater medicine.
- There is a pre-online theory required for this course that is assigned when you book on.
Available at Abyss Scuba Diving for an extra charge and will take extra time. Please contact us for more information.
Diving equipment requirements
All standard dive gear, including light, knife, audible surface signal, DSMB, spool, and pocket mask. All of these can be rented or purchased from abyss scuba diving at an additional charge
In the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector, AQF qualifications are accredited either through national Training Package processes endorsed by the National Quality Council or accredited by state and territory accrediting authorities.
The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), Nationally Recognised training course AHCLPW307: Perform diving for scientific purposes – the PADI Scientific SCUBA Diver course will give you the Qualifications.
Abyss Scuba Diving conducts nationally recognised and accredited scientific diving training delivered by PADI Asia Pacific Pty Ltd, RTO #6729
Rescue CourseThis course expands on what you already know about how to prevent problems and how to manage […]
First Aid CourseFirst aid and CPR are good skills for anyone involved in adventure sports – just in case. You need […]
Oxygen ProviderBe the one ready to help a fellow diver should the need arise. Become a PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider[…]
Navigation CourseFinding your way should not a matter of luck! To ensure your safety then finding your way back to the […]