You have 0 product(s) in your cart.
Kids Scuba Diving Lessons
Your Child Can Certify as a Scuba Diver at Ten Years of Age.
Scuba Diving for Kids 10-12-Year-Old
- Children aged 10-12 years old are developmentally ready to learn scuba diving.
- Generally, children between 10 and 12 years of age are able to scuba dive if they meet the following criteria:
- They are comfortable in the water and can swim at least 200 metres unaided.
- They can follow instructions and have a good level of physical coordination.
- They are physically big enough and strong enough to carry the scuba gear.
- They can equalise their ears when descending in the water.
- They are able to clear their mask of water when necessary.
- They are not suffering from any medical conditions that diving could exacerbate, such as asthma or heart conditions.
- Children aged 10-12 who obtain a junior open water diver certification must dive with a PADI Dive Professional or a certified parent or guardian. They may not exceed a maximum depth of 12 meters.
- Diving can be an incredibly rewarding experience for children, as it allows them to explore the underwater world in a safe and controlled environment.
- It is important to note that not all dive centres offer programmes for children, so it is advisable to do some research beforehand to find one that does.
- In addition, some dive centres may have age restrictions in place for certain dives or activities, so it is always best to check with the centre before booking anything.
- Scuba diving can be an excellent way for kids aged 10-12 to learn about the underwater world and gain confidence in their abilities. Imagine taking them to the great barrier reef.
- Scuba kids who learn to dive at an early age often develop a lifelong love of marine life and scuba diving.
- Scuba diving is an activity that children can enjoy with their families and friends, and it can provide them with memories that will last a lifetime.
Kids' Scuba Diving Lessons
PADI Scuba Diving standards permit kids to learn to dive from 10 years old. Because we are concerned for your child, we require that the child be at the very least weight of thirty-five kilograms and physically strong enough to carry their gear to the water. For kids aged 10 to 12 years old, we require them to do a private one-on-one PADI open water diver course.
Once a kid is minimum age of 13, we are pleased for them to join in the standard group course for their course for Dive Courses for Kids. If you as a parent, feel they're mature enough not to need that private instructor. To join the standard group course for a Kids Learn to Scuba Program, the child must be a minimum weight of forty-five kilos and physically strong enough to carry their scuba equipment.
The Junior Open Water certification comes with restrictions. Divers aged 10 and 11 must dive with a PADI Professional or a certified parent or guardian, and dives cannot exceed 12 meters. Young divers, aged 12 years to 14 years old must dive with a certified adult, and kids' diving dives cannot exceed 18 meters in depth.
Is Scuba Diving Safe?…Is Scuba Diving Safe? Everything You Need to Know Before Taking the Plunge Breathing underwater is […]
Scuba Diving in AustraliaScuba Diving in Australia Divers in Australia are spoilt for choice when it comes to world-class dive sites. […]
Why a Snorkelling Set…Why a Snorkelling Set is the Perfect Gift for an 8 Year Old’s Birthday An 8th Birthday is an exciting […]
When Should a Child…Scuba diving is a great family sport, but before a parent has their scuba kids trained as scuba divers then […]