You have 0 product(s) in your cart.
Challenge and change your life
Prepare yourself as a true dive professional and use this qualification to see the world. The PADI Divemaster Internship prepares you to become the ultimate professional which increases your employment opportunities. More than just the minimum, this internship option is perfect for the new diver looking for a career change and ensures that you are ahead of the rest. With the experience you gain during the program, you will be a highly skilled and well-prepared Divemaster that can take on the world!
A true Diving Professional Internship. The PADI Divemaster Internship prepares you to become the ultimate professional which increases your employment opportunities. More than just the minimum, this internship option is perfect for the new diver looking for a career change and ensures that you are ahead of the rest. With the experience you gain during the program, you will be a highly skilled and well-prepared Divemaster with either environmental or technical diving skills that can take on the world!
With all course materials and even return airport transfers and the options accommodation, equipment hire, you really can just kick back knowing you are well on your way to living the dream and turning the ocean into your office.
When you graduate from the PADI Divemaster Internship you will have real hands-on experience and be ready to work in the dive industry.
We understand that divers will come to us with a range of training and experience. So our internship is flexible around your current level of training as is recognised on the booking page.
Many dive professionals also wish to continue on past the divemaster level and become PADI instructors or even PADI Master Scuba Trainers. This is also possible with this internship and is again recognised on the booking page. To become a PADI Open Water Instructor please allow another four weeks for your internship and for the PADI Master Scuba Trainer, allow nine weeks to your program.
Full Time nine weeks (more time is required if the candidate wishes to continue on to Instructor or master scuba trainer level)
Part-Time approx six months commitment
(Full Time is based on five days per week attendance - Part Time is primarily weekend attendance)
Be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent (if certified by an agency other than PADI please contact Abyss staff).
Be 18 years or older at the commencement of the program.
Provide a diving medical within the last 12 months. (medical form)
- All training to qualify you as a PADI Divemaster
- All experience to help you become a confident and qualified PADI Divemaster.
- Up to five days scuba dive gear rental if needed
- Tanks and weights for the duration of the program (other Equipment can be rented or purchased at a discounted rate)
Core Training Courses
- PADI Advanced Open Water Course
- PADI Rescue Diver Course
- PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Diver
- PADI Nitrox (Enriched Air) Diver
- PADI Deep Diver
- PADI Freediver Speciality
- PADI Dive Equipment Specialist
Additional extras (Included)
- Professional Mentor Program
- Dive Club Membership
- Professional In Training Tshirt
- Unlimited Diving during your program
- Unlimited use of Tanks and Weights
- Air Fills
- PADI Membership Fee
- PADI Application Fees
- Airport Transfers (From Sydney Airport on arrival)
With our dive centre being located just 20 min from the city we have a arrange of accommodation available from backpackers to Airbnb to suit your needs. Please let us know what you are looking for and we will help you find a suitable option.
*Optional Internship work experience includes:
2 weeks liveaboard work experience on the Great Barrier Reef in Cairns, Queensland
- Return airfares from Sydney to Cairns
- 2 weeks of accommodation and food while onboard
- Dive crew t-shirt to wear while onboard
* Work experiences as a Divemaster Intern does require an Australian Working Visa and as such may limit some candidates.
It is possible to pay off the program between now and the beginning of the course. All you need to hold your position is to pay a non-refundable deposit of $500.