You have 0 product(s) in your cart.
Dive Instructor Internship
A ticket to travel the world
This Dive Instructor Internship is the perfect way to train as a PADI Dive Instructor and gain real-world experience instructing during your internship. Internship highlights:
- Start as a Divemaster (although other levels of certification can be accommodated with increased time)
- 5 week training period
- Training to PADI Open Water Instructor (Upgradable to Master Scuba Diver Trainer level)
- Optional 2-4 weeks of work experience on the Great Barrier Reef
- Train as a Dive Instructor with a Staff Instructor as your mentor
- Build your qualifications and experience
- Job placement service
As an Abyss candidate, you'll get opportunities that you simply can't get from training with another dive shop both during and after your graduation. Training options like a 2-week dive industry experience trip to the Great Barrier Reef and technical diving training are some of the ways you can tailor your program.
Abyss graduates have been placed all over the globe, from full-time dive resort managers and dive company owners, to dive instructors who travel and work around the world. You will have a world of opportunities working at some of the most amazing destinations in the world. All our candidates get to use our Job Assistance Program when they graduate to help secure work anywhere in the globe.
If you are serious about making scuba diving your career then Abyss Scuba Diving in Sydney is where you need to start.
Contact our Careers Development Staff on firstname.lastname@example.org to make it all happen.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have been a certified diver for at least 5 months
- Have a current medical less than 12 months old
- Have all required diving equipment
- Have all books requested by our PADI Course Directors (as per materials)
- Submit copies of all dive certificates
Diving Equipment (tanks and weights are supplied)
Diving equipment plays an important role in your success as a diving professional. If you have any questions on equipment please don't hesitate to contact an Abyss Staff Member on email@example.com or +61 2 9583 9662.
We do have full required equipment packages starting at $2392.
With our dive centre being located just 20 min from the city we have a arrange of accommodation available from backpackers to Airbnb to suit your needs. Please let us know what you are looking for and we will help you find a suitable option.
It is possible to pay off the PADI Instructor Development Course between now and the beginning of your IDC. For a $500 non-refundable deposit we will send you your IDC eLearning, and also hold your position so you can choose your date when you are ready to start your practical training.
Internship deposits are non-refundable and help cover the costs associated with the substantial amount of resources that go into booking and planning your internship. Deposits also cover the cost of any sent PADI e-learning and digital PADI Materials, which are non-refundable once sent to your email account. Once a deposit is made your position on the Internship is secured and locked in, which means that other candidates are unable to take your place.