You have 0 product(s) in your cart.
Abyss Scuba Diving
Tec 40Stock No. TEC 40
The PADI Tec 40 course consists of knowledge development, practical application exercises, and 4 training dives and is conducted over 2.5 days, (Theory is Sunday afternoon ( 12pm - 5pm) , plus the diving on the following weekend.
The first step in the PADI Tec Diver program is the PADI Tec 40 course. A perfect introduction to tec diving, the PADI Tec 40 course will get you started in the knowledge, skills and procedures to be able to perform limited decompression dives to 40m, using either a modified recreational diving rig, or a sidemount rig. By the end of the course, you will be able to: Use decompression software and dive computers to plan and make decompression dives with no more than 10 minutes of total decompression and not deeper than 40 metres. Use a single cylinder of decompression gas with up to 50 percent oxygen (EANx50) to add conservatism to the required decompression.
Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver(or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
Be a PADI Deep Diver(or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
Have a minimum of 30 logged dives, of which at least 10 dives were made with enriched air nitrox below 18m
Have a medical form signed by your physician
The following is the equipment that is required for the Tec 40 Course
- Air supply: Any of the following
- Single tank with sling tank(can be hired and perfect for those who want to do basic deco diving)
- or Sidemount configuration (can be hired)
- or Back mounted doubles with dual isolator manifold
- Two complete regulators, one with a 2m hose for air sharing
- O2 cleaned Stage/ deco cylinder with first & second stage regulator with spg
- Two dive computers (can be hired)
- Jon Line (where local environment requires it)
- SMB & whistle/audible signalling device
- Lift Bag (or DSMB)
- Exposure suit (appropriate for environment)
- Knife & backup
- Backup buoyancy control if diving with twins.
Some of this gear can be rented from Abyss Scuba Diving, others such as SMB, reel, knife etc. will need to be purchased if not already owned. Please talk to us on an individual basis to work out your needs.
Transfer/Change of course commencement date
**Due to very small class sizes and a required higher skill level for these courses, all technical level courses have a stricter cancellation policy.**
- For all event cancellations, there is a $25 administration fee.
- If you transfer to a different day you will be required to pay any difference in course price in addition to transfer fees. No credits or refunds will be given if the new course price is a lower cost.
- If you Cancel or transfer to another course date within 3 weeks of the scheduled theory day for that course, a $210 fee will apply.
- If you fail to complete the theory homework or don’t meet the course prerequisites prior to the theory date, you will be required to transfer to another course date and a $210 fee will apply
- If you Cancel or transfer to another course date within 7 days of the scheduled theory day for that course, a $525 fee will apply.
- Once you have started your course, if you complete the course on different dates or are more than 20 mins late to any course day, you will be required to transfer and a $210 fee will apply.
- Tue 27 Sep 2022
- 03 hours 00 minutes
- Day 1
- Sat 01 Oct 2022
- 08 hours 00 minutes
- Day 2
- Sun 02 Oct 2022
- 08 hours 00 minutes
View More technical-courses