The Hollis HD-200 is a fully adjustable rear inflation bouyancy control device designed specifically for the tech/rec market. It features dump valves on the shoulders and hips, plus two 4.5kg interchangeable quick-release weight pockets and two 2.3kg non-ditchable rear weight pockets. A total of eight D-rings are included, two on the shoulders, two on the hips and four to the rear. The HD-200 also features a sternum strap with two chest-mounting points and quick-release shoulder straps. Hollis is very much geared towards technical diving, with its backmount range consisting only of rear-inflation models, plus backplate and wing designs. The HD-200 is an ideal BCD for those looking to get into technical diving.
- The Hollis HD200 Heavy Duty BCD has a 35 lbs bladder in Small & Medium sizes / 45 lbs bladder in Large & XL sizes.
- 1000 denier CorduraTM with lamination outer shell & 15mm urethane internal bladder.
- Contoured, lightweight backpack with back pad, lumbar support, and a rolled neoprene comfort neck.
- 10 lb (4.5 kg) interchangeable quick release weight pockets with new pinch and pull buckle.
- 5 lb (2.27 kg) non-dumpable rear weight pockets.
- System weight: 9.4 lbs (4.3 kg).
- Traditional 2″ waist strap with Stainless buckle.
- 2″ Nylon Crotch strap with an easy quick release buckle and 2″ SS D-ring.
- New comfort folded backpad.
- New 10 lb pinch and pull weight pockets.
- Oval corrugated hose.
- 2 shoulder stainless steel bent D-rings, 2 lower hip D-rings, and 4 rear stainless steel D-rings (for canister lights, dry suit inflation bottles, reels; etc…)
- Adjustable sternum strap with chest mounting locations.
- Adjustable shoulder straps w/quick release buckles.
- Large zippered pockets on both sides.
- Knife mounting grommets on both side pockets.
- Right shoulder pull dump.
- Lower left pull dump.
- Adjustable Velcro cummerbund (removable).
It is also a good choice for recreational divers who want the option of adding extra weight when diving in strong currents. The BCD is made from 1000D Cordura and has a durable vinyl bladder. It is available in black, blue or red. Sizing details are listed on the Hollis HD200 page.
The Hollis HD200 BCD is a tough BCD, having the ability to kit up with a number of extras to it in an easy way. The Hollis SMB and Pouch fit nicely to the small d ring on the front side of the Bladder. The pockets are large enough to fit torches and small slates, but small enough that they do not feel too big around your waist. The HD200 also comes with a knife attachment point as standard. This is a very useful feature, allowing you to easily attach and remove your dive knife when needed.