You have 0 product(s) in your cart.
PADI Junior Divemaster Course Sydney
A fantastic method to offer young scuba divers that may have an interest in becoming Divemasters to gain knowledge and experience.
Junior Divemaster Course
Divers who are between the age of 15 and 18 years old, may enroll in the PADI Junior Divemaster course. Junior Divemaster is a subset of the PADI Divemaster course. Junior Divemaster candidates can complete a sizeable portion of the divemaster course including the mapping project, search and recovery scenario and dive theory. Additional training is required once the diver turns eighteen, but Junior Divemasters will be well-prepared to become full-fledged divemasters.
To become a PADI Junior Divemaster is a process that consists of the following elements - completing the PADI Divemaster eLearning programme, followed by practical skill development through pool and open water dives, plus underwater skills training and the Junior Divemaster final exam.
Then, as a PADI Junior Divemaster, you will use these traits to help our professionals as they lead, mentor, and motivate other divers and experience the joy of seeing them transformed by the wonder of the aquatic realm.
Our PADI Junior Divemaster course is designed specifically around young divers. We will work on areas of their scuba-diving that need strengthening and keep any strong areas at the top of their game until they can rise out of the ranks of a true amateur and step into the full ranks of a professional-level diver upon reaching age 18.
What You Can Do as a Junior Divemaster?
After becoming certified as a PADI Junior Divemaster you will be authorised to:
- Assist in supervising both training and non-training-related activities by planning, organizing and directing dives
- Assist a PADI professionals during the training sessions for any PADI Diver course
- Accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or Specialty dives under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor.
- Accompany student divers during surface swims to and from the entry/exit point and during navigational exercises
To take this course, you must be:
- 15-18 years old
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organisation)
- A PADI Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organisation)
- Have Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (or qualifying first aid and CPR training from another organisation) course completion within the past 24 months.
- Have at least twenty dives to begin the course and forty for certification
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
Other Courses that are Great for Preparing for Success as a PADI Junior Divemaster
Here is a list of course suggestions that will help make a more successful PADI Divemaster:
- Deep Diver (Highly recommended)
- Emergency Oxygen Provider
- Enriched Air Diver
- Equipment Specialist (Highly recommended)
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Freediver (Highly recommended)
- Underwater Navigation
We do recommend that all young divers consider becoming a Master Scuba Diver before becoming a junior divemaster.