You have 0 product(s) in your cart.
AHCLPW307 Perform Restricted Diving for Scientific Purposes
-- EVE Shortcode --
If you work in marine science, then this is the course you need to perform restricted diving for scientific purposes.
This is the latest course as it has recently changed. It is now a 6-day program as well as pre study. It consists of two confined water and twelve ocean dives over program.
The course can be done in group course or privately on dates of your choosing.
During this course you will complete a number of tasks showing your ability, which will include:
- Scientific Diver Theory
- Confined Water sessions to check in on the basics and learn how to use full face Underwater communications systems before heading to the ocean
- Emergency procedures in regard to in water and paperwork.
- how to use decompression tables
- Underwater Survey techniques
- Dive planning and risk analysis
- Team communication
Prerequisites for Scientific Diver program
- SISOSCB001 SCUBA dive in open water to a maximum depth of 18 metres
- SISOSCB006 Perform diver rescues
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid
- HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
- Enriched air certification
- Be certified as medically fit to dive within the past 12 months in accordance with the requirements of AS/NZS 2299.1 by a medical practitioner appropriately trained in underwater medicine.
- There is pre online theory required for this course that is assigned when you book on.
Available at Abyss Scuba Diving for an extra charge and will take extra time. Please contact us for more information
Dive gear requirements
All standard dive gear including light, knife, audible surface signal, DSMB, spool, pocket mask. All of which can be rented or purchased from abyss scuba diving at an additional charge
In the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector, AQF qualifications are accredited either through national Training Package processes endorsed by the National Quality Council or accredited by state and territory accrediting authorities.
The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), Nationally Recognised training course AHCLPW307: Perform diving for scientific purposes – the PADI Scientific SCUBA Diver course will give you the Qualifications.
Abyss Scuba Diving conducts nationally recognised and accredited training delivered by PADI Asia Pacific Pty Ltd, RTO #6729
We offer both group (scheduled, see list below) and private options for our Scientific diver course. The private option has a premium of $600 per student but can be arranged around dates that work best for you. Please call us on 02 9583 9662 to discuss your needs and we will develop a program for you.
|To Book, Your Dive Click the Appropriate Shopping Cart -|