You have 0 product(s) in your cart.
Abyss Scuba Diving
Position: General Manager
PADI Certification: Master Instructor
Rachael has been with Abyss Scuba Diving from day one. With a love of the water as a teenager representing Australia in the Pacific School games, she learnt to dive when she was 15 years old. After school, she was encouraged to go to university and get an office job and although she was not to keen on this idea, she proudly finished a degree in technology management and got a job in the corporate world as a logistics manager for a few years.
Rachaels father, Peter Letts was making a move from the corporate world as a manager of a multi-million dollar food operations. He wanted to do something he loved so stared up Abyss scuba diving. She thought it was a great idea to jump on board and work alongside her father in a role at Abyss Scuba diving as a dive instructor. So this is how it all began.
Since 2000 Rachael has become one of the leaders in female dive training and General Manager of a successful PADI dive centre. She has done thousands of certifications and has to lead the way in many areas. Although she does not tech as much anymore, as she is managing the team at Abyss, she still loves jumping in on the occasional course or enjoying a dive with her mates. Generally, she will get a dive in at least once a week. She has achieved many firsts, she was the first Hollis explorer rebreather instructor in the world and the first prism rebreather instructor in Australia. She is a PADI Master Instructor and loves sharing knowledge with anyone when water to earn
Rachael has dived most of the east coast of Australia and most of the south pacific. So if you are looking at doing a trip have a chat with her.
Although Rachael has come a long way in the dive industry as a leader her most proud achievement would have to be her two beautiful twin boys. They were born in 2013 and were great little snorkelers by the age of 4. When you are in next ask her about her last camping trip with her husband and kids or her last dive. She will be happy to chat to you and hopefully will see you underwater on one of the dives Abyss Scuba Diving offers.
- Master Instructor 2008
- Master Scuba Diver Trainer 2002
- Open Water Scuba Instructor 2000
- Assistant Instructor 2000
- Divemaster 2000
- EFR Trainer 2009
- AP's First Aid at Work Instructor 2009
- EFR Instructor 2009
- IDC Staff Instructor 2007
- Care For Children Trainer 2010
- Care for Children w/AED Instructor 2009
- Emergency Oxygen Provider Instructor 2008
- Dry Suit Instructor 2004
- Tec Rec Deep Instructor 2003
- Underwater Navigator Instructor 2002
- Deep Instructor 2001
- AWARE Coral Reef Conservation Sp Instructor 2001
- Equipment Specialist Instructor 2001
- Enriched Air Instructor 2001
- Wreck Instructor 2001
- Peak Performance Buoyancy Instructor 2000
- Project Aware Instructor 2000
- TEC 40 CCR Hollis PRISM2 Instructor 2016
- PADI Advanced Rebreather Hollis Explorer Instructor 2015
- Scientific SCUBA Diver RTD3508A 12012
- BOTANY BAY WATCH SPECIALTY DIVER 2009
- Administer Emergency Oxygen Instructor 2009
- Administer Emergency Oxygen Instructor Trainer 2009
Read What Customers Say: