You have 0 product(s) in your cart.
Abyss Scuba Diving
Position: Training and Business Development Manager
PADI Certification: Course Director
Bo had a less-than-ideal first experience with Discover Scuba Diving within The Great Barrier Reef 12 years ago, so much so that he didn't pursue the hobby again until he moved in 2013 closer to a local PADI dive centre. Thankfully, his second try went much better, and he even became certified as a Dive Master before leaving Seychelles two and half years later.
Bo was always interested in the ocean, so after some time working land-side he decided to change his career and become a diving instructor. He went to Koh Tao, Thailand, in 2015 to complete his IDC. Afterwards, he became an MSDT and did a one-month internship in Koh Tao. He later got the opportunity to work in the Maldives at Anantara Kihavah Villas, which is a 5-star luxury resort. During his time there, he learned how to provide excellent service and meet customer needs, even though he taught more DSDs than courses.
He first moved to the Maldives for two and a half amazing years, then he went back to Koh Tao in 2018 to become a Staff Instructor. By early 2019, he'd already relocated again - this time to Bali - where he worked at one of the biggest dive centres until 2020, when Covid forced him back to China. Now it's 2021, and he's managed to get his Free diving certification while also applying for Course Director and working at the local dive centre.
He got selected by PADI for the 2022 CDTC in Phuket. And then, after three months of working in the Maldives again, he came to Sydney, became the first Chinese CD in Abyss Scuba Diving, and one of the only two Chinese CDs in Australia. He would love to share his diving experience and passion for marine life and also help people become diving professionals and change their life.
Now with plenty of experience, Bo loves showing others around the underwater world and sharing his knowledge so that everyone can have fun and safe diving experiences. Many people have been able to find beauty they never knew existed underwater – all thanks to Bo's guidance! And these are memories that will surely last a lifetime.
- Course Director 2022
- Deep Specialty Instructor Trainer 2022
- Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor Trainer 2022
- Enriched Air Specialty Instructor Trainer 2022
- Emergency Oxygen Provider Specialty Instructor Trainer 2022
- Underwater Navigator Specialty Instructor Trainer 2022
- Night Specialty Instructor Trainer 2022
- Search and Recovery Specialty Instructor Trainer 2022
- Side Mount Specialty Instructor Trainer 2022
- Wreck Specialty Instructor Trainer 2022
- AWARE Shark Conservation Specialty Instructor 2022
- Dive Against Debris Specialty Instructor 2022
- Emergency First Response Instructor Trainer 2021
- Master Instructor 2020
- IDC Staff Instructor 2018
- Master Scuba Diver Trainer 2015
- Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Instructor 2015
- PADI AWARE Specialty Instructor 2015
- Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Instructor 2015
- Open Water Scuba Instructor 2015
If you have any questions, you can feel free to contact Mengbo Liu, his WeChat is: 498763257
WHAT BO's DIVERS SAY