You have 0 product(s) in your cart.
Abyss Scuba Diving
The Future of Diving: Embracing the Avelo Dive System
Dive computer manufacturers have been adding feature after feature to their devices for years. Many of these additions, while impressive on paper, are seldom used by the vast majority of divers. But what if there was a new way to dive? A way that offers more freedom, superior buoyancy control, and substantially longer bottom time? Enter the Avelo Dive System, a game-changing solution that turns heads and waves in the diving community.
Avelo Dive System: The Basics
The Avelo Dive System is built around two primary components: the Hydrotank and the Jetpack. This innovative system allows divers to maintain a wide zone of stable neutral buoyancy throughout their dive with just two to three water fills. As a result, you can say goodbye to carrying heavy equipment around and say hello to extended exploration times underwater.
The zone of Stable neutral buoyancy is the depth range in which a diver can operate using lung control only while breathing comfortably.
Six Fantastic Reasons to Become an Avelo Diver
- Like walking on air: The Avelo system is a game-changer regarding buoyancy control. It's integrated into the air tank, so divers can maneuver underwater as if floating in space. It's like having your very own personal gravity switch!
- Light as a feather: Avelo has trimmed the fat off traditional scuba gear. Their Hydrotank weighs about 6 Kg less than other systems. When you factor in all the other weight reductions, most divers reduce the overall weight they have to carry by approximately 14kg. That means less lugging around heavy equipment and more energy for exploring the deep blue.
- Breathe easy: Avelo's Hydrotank has an impressive air supply capacity, allowing divers to spend more time underwater without worrying about running out of air. Moreover, many divers will improve their air consumption by 30% when they dive with the Avelo System. This means longer dives and more time to enjoy the beauty of the underwater world.
- Tough as nails: When exploring the ocean's depths, you need gear that won't let you down. Avelo's tanks are built to last, so you can trust them to take whatever Neptune throws at them.
- Freedom of freediving: With Avelo, you get the best of both worlds - the thrill of freediving with the safety net of an air supply. It's a whole new way to experience the underwater world.
- Ahead of the curve: If you like to stay on the cutting edge of technology, Avelo is the system for you. It's not just a piece of equipment; it's a glimpse into the future of diving.
Avelo Mode on Dive Computers: Shaping the Future of Underwater Exploration
The diving experience is about to be revolutionized by the upcoming Avelo Mode on Dive Computers. Developed in collaboration with leading dive computer manufacturers such as ScubaPro and Shearwater, this cutting-edge algorithm incorporates principles from Aviad Cahana's groundbreaking study, "Determination of tidal volume-controlled buoyancy boundaries’ impact on diver workload efficiency, " published in the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine journal. Get ready for a whole new level of diving excellence.
The study investigated the concept of tidal volume-controlled buoyancy boundaries (TVCCBs). These boundaries define the net buoyancy force on a diver, which is easily controlled using normal breathing patterns. The results showed that TVCCBs significantly reduced diver workload, especially during repetitive dives. This promising technology improved diver safety and efficiency and is now being incorporated into the Avelo Dive System.
The Avelo Mode leverages these principles, focusing on enhancing buoyancy, reducing air consumption, optimizing workload, and amplifying underwater enjoyment. The Avelo training program and website include a proper weighting tool. The Avelo mode includes a feature that tracks the diver’s net buoyancy throughout the dive relative to perfect neutral buoyancy, which is key for optimizing the diver’s efficiency. The recommended zone of neutral buoyancy is between +0.75 kg-Force and -0.75 kg-Force. Divers should aim to remain within this zone for the duration of the dive and use the pump until closer to the negative buoyancy limit of the zone for a longer dive time.
Furthermore, the Avelo Mode post-dive analysis tool can help divers quickly determine and quantify their performance and accelerate their skill development during successive dives. Even very experienced dive professionals were shown to become more efficient using these tools.
The Avelo Dive System was initially designed to reduce the weight that divers have to carry. However, it has evolved into much more than that. It represents a significant leap forward in diving technology, revolutionizing various aspects of the diving experience. In the near future, dive centres will feature dive computers equipped with the innovative "Avelo Mode" and proudly display the "Avelo Inside" logo. This exciting development showcases the diving industry's commitment to continuous technological advancement. Keep an eye out for these dive computers and get ready to experience the future of diving!
AVELO RELATED POSTS
Embrace the Future of Diving: Top 5…
Embrace the Future…Dive into the Future: Top 5 Reasons to Become an Avelo Diver Whether it's exploring a new dive site, trying […]
Experience the Best of Both Worlds:…
Experience the Best…Bridging the Gap Between Scuba and Freediving: A Dive into the Avelo System Have you ever wondered what it […]
Redefining Scuba Gear Biomechanics…
Redefining Scuba Gear…Redefining Biomechanics of Scuba Gear: Lightening the Load with the Avelo Scuba System Welcome to a new age […]
Discover Avelo: Revolutionizing Scuba…
Discover Avelo: Revolutionizing…Take the Plunge: How Avelo is Revolutionizing Scuba Diving Safety There's something big making waves in the […]