You have 0 product(s) in your cart.
Abyss Scuba Diving
6 Tips for Finding the Best PADI Dive Centre.
There are 6,600 PADI Dive Centres and Resorts worldwide, but not all of them fit everyone is needs. Here are my top tips for finding the best PADI Dive Centre for you or your family.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world" - Gandhi
This quote has never rung truer, especially in this post covid society. We have all the information we need at the push of a button, thanks to the internet. Within minutes we can find out who made our favourite hoodie or find a local restaurant serving our favourite cuisine.
However, there are still many opportunities and untapped markets that do not yet exist online. More and more of us are looking for real world experiences and 'the next big thing'. As a PADI Dive Centre, we are no different. We are convinced that diving is a way for everyone to become one with the real world away from the keyboard.
- No two PADI Dive Centres are alike, so it is essential to find one that fits your distinctive needs and requirements. Start by examining the range of local dives, dive trips, and courses they offer. At the same time consider the frequency of the activities you want, and ensure their website is up to date.
Remember you and your family's aspirations for diving will change over the years, so they need to offer activities that will cater for your changing needs.
- Take some time to look for their attitude towards customer service. Head to their website and try out the contact form or live chat service to ask a question about a diving activity and see how responsive they will be at getting back to you.
- Scuba diving is a highly sociable activity, whenever possible, ask about the dive shop's opportunities for socialisation, between dives, after dives, group dive trips and dive club activities. Again, it is an excellent area to ask about when on their website to examine how quickly they respond to your question.
- You buy your dive equipment once, but you will go diving for decades to come. Look for an organization focused on maximizing your scuba enjoyment and not just selling you dive equipment. Remember, a good dive centre should be about the scuba diving and the gear and courses being only a means to that end.
- Once you have found a PADI Dive Centre you are interested in, make sure to check out reviews and read their social media pages to get a better sense of what they are all about. Reading mixed reviews from like-minded individuals will often tell you a lot about a diving centre.
- Most importantly, listen to your gut! If something does not feel right or you have any doubts, move on to another centre.
So, spend your time at your computer keyboard, do your research, figure out what PADI dive center fits your needs best. Then get involved and begin an adventure that will be your life from that time on.