You have 0 product(s) in your cart.
Abyss Scuba Diving
Boat Diving in Southern Sydney.
Sydney's best boat diving is found in southern Sydney, which may come as a surprise to divers who haven't dived the numerous and diverse locations around the entrance to Botany Bay.
Divers who haven't explored southern Sydney may be surprised to find that the best boat diving is in this area. This is due to the numerous and diverse locations around the entrance to Botany Bay. Southern Sydney has something to offer any diver, from beginners to experienced divers looking for a new challenge.
Abyss Scuba Diving always runs boat dives to the best of Sydney's scuba dive sites departing from San Souci wharf on a regular basis. At the top of Botany Bay, the San Souci wharf is the perfect pickup point for dives in southern Sydney.
Here's some key things you need to know if you're taking one of our boat dives departing from San Souci wharf.
- The Dive Centre is in Ramsgate, approximately a 20-minute drive from the heart of Sydney and five minutes from the boat pickup at the Fisherman's Wharf at San Souci Park
- It is essential to arrive at the diving centre in time to collect your rental gear, show your certification card, and sign any relevant paperwork. We are close to the wharf at San Souci and have a team of people here to help you get the most out of your diving experience. Please arrive 20 minutes prior to departure to ensure you have time to complete all check-in formalities and get kitted up for your dive.
- Fishermen's Wharf at San Souci Park has plenty of free parking and is conveniently located only thirty or so meters from the boat. This makes San Souci the most convenient boat pickup point for divers in terms of car parking for the whole of Sydney.
- Divers do not need to bring anything extra with them on the boat; the boat supplies drinking water, a light lunch, and waterproof jackets. On board there is a toilet, hot showers, and we carry spare gear for emergencies along with dive weights.
- Most dive sites are within 30 minutes from the wharf and the turnaround time is typically 3 hours.
- If you do not have a buddy, we will be there for you. On our boat dives, we will buddy you up with another diver of similar ability and after your detailed briefing, you can either be guided by our divemaster or be a buddy pair to explore your site.
- Dives are ideal for Open Water Divers if they do not specify that they are deeper than 18 meters or are technical or night dives.
- An SMB (safety sausage) is an emergency device that alerts the boat crew that you are in the water so they can pick you up more safely. We require that all divers have one before we go out on the boat.